Monday, May 18, 2009

Genuflect or suffer...

This article is interesting only as a demonstration of a warped sense of reason.  It assumes the need for massive governmental enforcement, in addition to assuming away the laws of other sovereign nations.

This section was particularly egregious:

President Obama estimates that his proposals for ending tax haven abuses will raise $101 billion over a decade. The Senate Permanent Investigations subcommittee puts the annual tax loss at $100 billion; Treasury sets the figure at $123 billion. Collecting those lost billions could mean that Americans could pay no withholding tax from November 15 to December 31; it could pay for healthcare for about 20 million of the roughly 50 million Americans without health insurance.

Because we are civilized, we should make the Caymans invasion the last resort in an escalating series of steps designed to persuade the islands to stop undermining US national security. For starters, as I proposed in Tax Notes magazine, Congress should pass a law funding pursuit of every major tax cheat, just as we pursue every killer, rapist and drug dealer. Using offshore accounts to cheat the government out of $50,000 or more for two or more years should be made a felony per se. Then let's provide an escape hatch, which would spare prosecution of anyone who fesses up and fully pays taxes, penalties and interest. The same law should make public the name and details of every person or company that skips the opportunity to make things right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that singular model. The prices seeking the shoes were all over 340 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers were approximately 250 bucks on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that particular brand. The prices for the velcros were all over 240 dollars on every site. But finally I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices for the velcros were all over 190 dollars on every page. But for all I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you tell me about these?